If you’ve seen my work, it’s no secret that I love a good outdoor adventure! Sometimes, though, it’s just not possible to run away to a mountaintop to elope just the two of you. If you love the outdoors and adventure but plan to stick close to home, I’ve narrowed down all the options to bring you the best wedding venues near Ottawa.
If you’re planning your wedding, finding a venue and photographer are usually the biggest items on the to do list.
Searching for the perfect outdoor wedding venue can be hard if you don’t have a clear idea of what you’re looking for!
A few outdoor wedding planning tips:
- Narrow down your guest list by figuring out what’s most important to you. You may have a tight knit group of friends or a large family that you want to include in your wedding day.
- Figure out how “adventurous” you are as a couple. Do you like camping in the summer? Going on road trips? How outdoorsy are you? I personally love adventurous, small weddings and elopements. But you need to decide how comfortable you want your wedding day to be – for you and any guests. It will help narrow down your list.
- Think about what other wedding day elements you’d like to include. Want an airstream trailer on site? Acoustic music? Patio lights strung between trees or a beautiful ceremony arch? Think about some other elements that speak to you, and write them down. When you go through your venue list, you’ll be able to tick back and see if the venue will work for you.
Best Wedding Venues Near Ottawa
1. Le Belvedere
This venue is only an hour outside of Ottawa, and has all the amenities of the indoors. It also has a gorgeous cliffside view and stunning forest backdrop. I also had the best vegan meal of my LIFE, and I have eaten a lot of vegetarian/vegan meals at a lot of wedding venues…LOL.
Adelina is located in Gatineau, Quebec, and is also a short drive from Ottawa. It has stunning outdoor spaces and a beautiful loft for dining.
This beautiful outdoor space is available to book from May until October. The open-air gazebo overlooks the Ottawa River, and is available for wedding ceremonies – but not receptions. You can apply for a wedding permit for Rockcliffe and get more info here.
Also open from May until October, this estate is available for small outdoor wedding ceremonies. There is a paid parking lot for guests and a TON of options for where to hold your ceremony (just keep in mind you’ll have to host your reception elsewhere!). You can get more info on how to book and permits here.
If you want to have a more adventurous small wedding or elopement, Mont-Tremblant is a beautiful location! It’s only 2 hours from Ottawa, has plenty of hiking trails with beautiful views. The village is picturesque and has great restaurants, pubs, and boutiques. There are great Airbnbs to stay at as well as plenty of cute condos with mountain views.
Ok – so you’ve decided to book a smaller, outdoor wedding. But what do you do if you can’t have the reception onsite? You can always have your ceremony outside, and then host an indoor reception or dinner party at a different location.
Here are some great Ottawa restaurant options for hosting your wedding reception!
- Side Door – in the ByWard Market (Downtown)
- Lexington Smokehouse + Bar – in Westboro (West Ottawa)
- The Soca Kitchen – in Hintonburg (West Ottawa)
- Mati – in Little Italy (Central Ottawa)
- Town – on Elgin (Downtown)
Another awesome option?
6. Host your own backyard or cottage wedding!
I’m a huge advocate for doing your wedding day your way. If having a chill, outdoor ceremony followed by a BBQ, campfire, and vintage airstream open-bar trailer and lounge sounds like your jam, then go for it! Want to set up a quiet riverside ceremony and picnic? Do it! There are tons of amazing options to host your guests and still have a fun outdoor wedding day.
Some other cool options?
The Aisling Lakehouse (no relation – LOL – just an awesome name! 😉 ) is a lakeside Muskoka retreat, and perfect for hosting a small wedding.
And this gorgeous chalet in Quebec is less than an hour outside of Ottawa, hosts 16+ guests, and has a beautiful deck large enough to accommodate an outdoor wedding ceremony.